Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A very well camaflaged dragonfly



(This one really needs to be viewed large as it's on this old rotten log!!)



Camouflaged Dragonfly





As my friend and I hiked in Tottenham, we had lots of fun with this dragonfly! As we approached it, it would flutter off a fair distance and then as we went to where it was, it would always return to this old rotten log and land on the very same spot.


You can't really see it very well until you view it large and how I wish it had maybe chosen another background! HAHAHA!


4 comments:

Annie said...

Pat, this is a marvelous photo.

Pat said...

Thanks Annie.

I posted it on Photography Cafe and one of our photogs on there who photos these a lot said he liked the background. I was sort of unhappy but if it's like, that's great! I never got this close to one before.

Anonymous said...

Funny that your dragon fly looks a lot like one I photographed earlier this year. Same wing colors and design. I like your picture better as it shows the body as being white. Mine was black.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Breakfast

NorthBayPhoto said...

Great photo. I always think of dragonflys having colourful wings.

Thanks for visiting my NorthBayPhoto blog.