Saturday, October 11, 2008

Raspberries in October!



When I arrived home from Falls Church, Virginia last week, I was so pleased to see quite a crop of beautiful raspberries waiting for me to pick!


I grew up with the raspberries that started to be ready to pick around July 12 and two weeks later, they were finished for the year! And the rows of canes sat there taking up valuable room in the garden waiting for next year.


I was introduced to "ever-bearing" raspberries a few years ago when a friend sent me two canes which I temporarily placed in my side flower garden border near my deck and they have never ceased to amaze me always producing so many gorgeous berries right up until the time the snow flies.












6 comments:

Kate said...

Gorgeous photos. My mouth is watering!

www.niamhphotography.com said...

those really do look absolutely delicious!

Victor said...

Beautiful image!

marley said...

Tasty looking! Send some over here please!

Troop 1309 said...

Great photos!

cat said...

be entertained